Please note that teen dances have been suspended indefinitely due to a lack of adult volunteer chaperones. The board is contemplating new rules and procedures for the dances if they are to be resumed. Parents interested in seeing the dances resume are encouraged to attend board meetings.
The club has two dances each month for the 5th and 6th graders. Dances are held on the second and fourth Friday of every month unless an activity sponsored by another organization is scheduled at the same time. The dances are from 7 to 10 PM. Admission is $5.00. All dances have a DJ. Refreshments are available for purchase. The address of the clubhouse is 2818 Hammond Place, Roslyn, PA. For additional information contact (there is no current contact). Please keep in mind that the dances are always in need of help.
Roslyn Boys & Girls Club Dance Rules:
1. Dances begin at 7:00 P.M. and end at 10:00 P.M.
2. Only 5th and 6th graders may attend the dance which is held on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month during the school year.
3. Phone use is restricted (for emergencies only). Please be sure to pre-arrange your ride.
4. Proper modest attire while attending the dances is required. Anyone who is inappropriately dressed will be turned away.
5. No one is permitted to leave the dance premises before 10 P.M. unless accompanied by an adult. The dance premises consist of the building itself and its surrounding deck.
6. Those not following the rules of the dance will be asked to leave the dance and will not be allowed to return.
7. No lewd or indecent dancing is permitted, an example of this being grinding.
8. Please, no body bashing, body surfing, or other potentially harmful behavior.
9. Rest Rooms are for the use of those attending the dance ONLY. In the event there is a sport’s event taking place on the field, only kids in uniform are permitted to use the restrooms during dances.
10. Chaperones’ Only are permitted on the deck of the clubhouse during the dances.
11. Children attending the dance are not to be picked up in the area immediately surrounding the clubhouse.
The Roslyn Boys & Girls Club is not responsible for anything lost or stolen.